Monday, March 8, 2010

5 Songs For the Rest of my Life

Another MusicMonday post. I love music. A lot. But, I really think I could be content with just listening to these 5 songs for the rest of my life. I would miss others, but these would be the 5 I would choose if for some weird reason I had to ever choose 5 songs to only listen to for the rest of my life.

5. Nirvana - Lithium [1992]



I love Nirvana, of course. And this is one of the first songs I fell in love with...when I was 4.

4. Pearl Jam - Alive [1991]



I have to include a Pearl Jam song. It was close between Alive, Jeremy, and Even Flow.

3. Cracker - Low [1993]



This is one of the best songs ever. I first heard it when I was 4 or so. I sang all the words all the time. It wasn't until this year that I realized "like being stoned" meant getting high. I always pictured someone getting stones thrown at them. Yeah..

2. Alice in Chains - Heaven Beside You (Unpluggeed) [1996]



Gotta have Layne Staley. Dirt is my favorite Alice in Chains song, but I chose this one because it's equally amazing.

1. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun [1994]



This is, by far, my very favorite number one most awesome song ever.


Runnerups included other songs by these artists as well as songs by: Hanson, Savage Garden, Celine Dion, Beck, Foo Fighters, Edie Brickell, Butthole Surfers, Incubus, Radiohead, Blind Melon, Candlebox, Britney Spears, Usher, and more.

1 comment:

  1. Like it or not, there's still some Dave Grohl on your list.

    ReplyDelete