Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh well. Whatever. Nevermind.

I'll start with my conceited rant:

I know how to act. (I may say the F word a bit much, but I know when not to use it.) I have class. (Again with the F word thing.) I'm a smart girl. I have dreams. I'm driven. I'm an all around good person. Some would even say............great.

Okay. Now.

One day I was riding in my friend's car, and of course, I chose the music.

He asked, "Where did you acquire this music taste?"

I said, "Well, it's just the first music I ever listened to...and it stuck. My mom used to listen to it and I loved it. So I've pretty much listened to this stuff since I was four."

To which I got a scoff and a "Hmm. Your mom let you listen to this stuff that young? How did you turn out to be so good then?"

Umm. Excuse me?

I guess thanks for saying I'm good. But guy. Really? Is that a stab at my mother's parenting skills? And more so...is it a stab at the parenting skills I plan to use? Cause I'm def not gonna super shield my kids and make them watch Barney until they're 15.

I'm sure my music choices as a young child had some to do with making me who I am today. So, thanks Mom. Because I LIKE who I am. (If you know me, you know this is true. Very true.)

This kind of goes into my "I think Nature vs Nurture is complete bullshit" rant, but I will discuss that another day.

A few of the songs I used to sing all the time without having a clue what any of the lyrics meant:

"Dirt" by Alice in Chains
"You Oughtta Know" by Alanis Morisette
"Low" by Cracker
"Jeremy" by Pearl Jam
"You" by Candlebox
everything by Nirvana

But.

Even Worse. Morgan didn't understand "Butterfly" by Crazytown until......................................................................................................................................................................................this year.


That came out when we were in, like, middle school.

I knew things by then.

Anyway.

My point.

My music tastes have been the same for 18 years, and probably won't ever change. And though that might have made an impact on the person I am today, I don't believe it was a negative impact.

Cause I'm awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Thanks Faye. Of course I didn't know what some of the lyrics meant until you pointed them out this year. HaHa Love you

    ReplyDelete