Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Graduation, Finally

Well, Rachel is hounding me to get more blog posts up, so here goes.

Side Note: I was blogging every single day during my last couple months as a college student, even during finals week. I always had something to write about and could find time to write it...while procrastinating studying. Now that I'm FINISHED with college and have no more studying and papers and projects.....I haven't posted a single update aside from the 2, short, Hangout Fest updates. Hmm.




My family, since my father passed away when I was young, is just my mommy and my sisser. They, together, helped shape me into the person I am today...the awesome person I am today. Though I like to claim I'm independent, and I am, I wouldn't be where I am today without them.



Most of my dad's family lives in Texas (my mom's too), so we have made many a trip to Texas for Christmases, Thanksgivings, Summers, Cotton Bowls, etc. So, I was super excited to finally have some of my Texas family come to Mississippi!


My dad's brothers, Uncle Roger and Uncle Stevie made the trip to Oxford for graduation weekend!

Friday night we had dinner reservations at my favorite restaurant on the square.



The food was great, the wine was great, the company was great. It was a real treat to have my uncles in Oxford and to have them see the beautiful Oxford square.

Saturday. Graduation day.


I woke up and got ready just like it was any other day. Shouldn't I be nervous? I wasn't nervous at all, and that kind of made me nervous. It was such a great feeling to wake up with my family in Oxford with me for the big day.



Holls and G met me at the Union to get in line for the morning ceremony. I met Holly early freshman year and we have been close every step of the way, so I couldn't have imagined going through graduation without her...and there's never a dull moment with George, so being with them for this ceremony was perfect! (Especially since G was supposed to walk with the Liberal Arts folks and we got him to sit with the cool BSchool kids.)



The speakers were really cheesy and great.

Stand tall. Be proud. You are Ole Miss.

I loved it.

Afterward, I saw a few people, took a few pictures, and then made a mad dash to the Tad Pad with Holly after stopping to get a snack.


The Business School graduation was a success. It took a really long time, and of course I was in the next to last row...seat #630. But. I had a fun time with my friends. I was texting the entire time, of course.


After graduation and some naps, I took the Uncles to Pontotoc to see where Morgan and I grew up.



I have a feeling that before this visit, they were convinced that "Pontotoc, Mississippi" was a mythical place.

I had a low-key, delicious graduation dinner prepared by the best cook I know.




It's weird to think that my four years here at Ole Miss were concluded in one day. Two ceremonies, lots of friends friends, a few pictures...and it's over. That's it. I'm finished with college.


Hello next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment