Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Hangout - OK Go



I spent the weekend at the Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama. And boy, it was amazing. To save you the trouble of reading it all and being extremely jealous, I won't talk about seeing The Black Crowes, Girl Talk, The Whigs, Gov't Mule, Ben Harper, Ray LaMontagne, Trey Anastasio, Matisyahu, and more..... I'll just talk about my favorite show of the weekend

OK Go


Okay, well...first of all. Sunday almost got rained out. I don't believe Keller Williams ever got to play and Matisyahu was moved from 2:30 on the beach to 11:30 in a VIP only concert in The Hangout bar (yes, I was there). The rain was crazy, it just wouldn't stop. But it didn't stop us.



(Trinity was born to be on camera.)

Anyway, so. Ok Go was pushed back an hour. We got there about 2 hours early and got a good spot front and center.

They gave off such good vibes and played most of my favorite songs...like:

Get Over It
video

Here It Goes Again
video

WTF?
video

But, also. Damian jumped down into the crowd to play a little acoustic bit for everyone. I was front and center when he jumped down, but I scurried behind him to the middle of the crowd and was right next to him.

















This picture: not zoomed in at all.
















When they started to play This Too Shall Pass, I moved back from the front so I could get a good video.
video

Of course he would jump into the crowd again right where I was right after I left. But, really, at this point...I didn't care.


Seriously, one of the best concerts I have ever seen. I'm still elated from the experience

No comments:

Post a Comment