Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Neverending Story

Where is Falkor? Because this is definitely the neverending story.




Wimbledon is just crazy this year. Federer hasn't exactly breezed through his first two rounds, nor has Djokovic. Four of the top 15 seeds have been upset in the first two rounds [Davydenko, Verdasco, Cilic, and Ferrero], the Queen is coming for the first time in 33 years, oh...and there's an epic match going down between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut.

10 hours spanning over two days, multiple records broken, and a very large ulcer growing in my stomach...

Play has been, yet again, suspended. Hopefully (early) tomorrow, we will have a winner. And hopefully, that winner will be John Isner.

As it stands now:

Isner       6  3  6  7
   59

Mahut      4  6  7  6
   59



In other Wimbledon news/opinion:

Federer is scaring me. I'm over Djokovic. Soderling is lookin' good. Nadal still gets on my nerves. I'm excited to see Hewitt v Monfils. I'm never gonna like Murray.


And, in all honesty, I might maybe be for Roddick this year. Though I wish it could be another Federer v Roddick match in the finals, I wouldn't be too heartbroken if Andy beats Roger in the semifinals because he wants it; he deserves it.


And I want him to have it.

1 comment: