Monday, August 9, 2010

Big Girl Job...Day 1

Today is my first day at my first real job. I've been working in this office for four years as a student, but now I'm staff. Full-time, benefits receiving, got my own business cards, I'm the "boss", staff.

I wanted to move off somewhere after graduation...preferably Austin, TX. I had a few phone interviews and other correspondance with companies, but nothing ever panned out.

The day after I got my rejection (ouch) from the company I really wanted to work for, I got an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

The main thing holding me back in the jobs I was applying for was the lack of a year's experience.

So, I was offered a full-time position in the office I worked in as a student. Sweet deal. Full-time job, benefits, experience, getting to stay in Oxford for another year, and...most importantly...another Rebel football season!!


So, say hello to your newest Ole Miss employee!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Sounds like an awesome one, at that!

    Saying hello from Mingle Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! It is a perfect "real job" after graduting because you already have worked there for a while. It will be a great opportunity.

    :) By the way I am stopping by from <Mingle Monday. I really love the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I cannot wait to finally have my first real job!

    ReplyDelete