Monday, August 30, 2010

MusicMonday Maroon5

Friday night...Holly, Morgan, and I went to see Maroon 5 in Memphis at the Mud Island Amphitheater. First of all, what a beautiful venue it was.



Secondly, I had great company.



But most importantly, it was a great concert. Kris Allen was the opener. I don't watch American Idol and don't particularly care for his singles, so I wasn't all that excited about him. But I do have to admit...his Heartless/Gangsta's Paradise mashup was extremely impressive.




And then...Maroon 5. Definitely a whole 'nother level.

I've been a Maroon 5 fan since they came out. (I actually think I heard them first as Kara's Flowers one summer in Dallas.) But I didn't expect them to be so...amazing.

They played allll my favorite songs. (Maybe because all their songs are my favorite songs?) I was so pumped to hear Harder to Breathe and I even squealed like a girl when they started Secret. [Are you thinking 'like a girl? But you are a girl! Yeah, I am...but I'm pretty monotone and I definitely don't have that high-pitched squeaky girly voice...so this was a strange thing for me.]




I mean...damn. Really.

Adam Levine is the second sexiest specimen of man on the entire planet. You all know who my number one is, right? Why, Kurt Cobain's corpse of course.

Okay, not really. But if you know me...you know I have 2 distinct and polar opposite types.

Type 1: Tall. Athletic. A real man's man. Possibly a landscaper. Maybe from Cape Cod. You know, just a nice, good-looking, tall, hunk of a man.

and then there's

Type 2: Tall. Thin. Tattooed. Skinny jean/Deep V wearing rocker dude.

Adam Levine is the epitome of Type 2.




Is there any girl that would have turned down the starring role in the music video for This Love? I think not.


I've added a new lifetime goal to my ever growing list: be in a Maroon 5 video.

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious...and although I personally don't agree with Type 2, I am ALL ABOUT Type 1. I affectionately refer to them as 'lumberjacks.'

    Your celeb raving is hysterical to me...please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That concert blew..... my mind. I had a blast I love maroon 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have been to 2 Maroon 5 concerts and must agree with you!!! THEY ARE AMAZING...and they sound just as great live/on record!

    and you're right 'SECRET' is a must!!! have you seen their VEVO summer sets? I <3 'Give a little more'!

    Take care...your blog is funny...ehehe

    ReplyDelete