Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thank You Thursday

I have a job. I work on the main campus of the University of Mississippi.


Ole Miss


In the beautiful town of


Oxford, MS.



I am thankful for that, but that's not what this post is about. Earlier this week, I needed to get into a classroom to look at a smart board. The woman at the front office of the building was overly eager to help me, especially since I'm a new employee. And this department is new to Distance Learning. She dragged me around introducing me to everyone in her sight.

When it was time to meet the assistant dean of the department, I recognized the name. He was the man who holds the keys to said room. While speaking to him, I asked if the keys we requested had been made. They had...but I wasn't gettin' em.

And why? Because Mr. Assistant Dean needed to check with my boss's boss to make sure I am a University employee because, frankly, I "look like a High School kid".


Seeing all the freshman and sophomores...(even juniors and seniors!) back on campus for the upcoming semester makes me feel old. But this guy made me feel young.

Which, today...is not something I'm thankful for. I don't wanna be a little kid anymore. I'm an adult. I have a "big girl" job.

So, Mr. Assistant Dean, I will thank you in 10 years when I'm in my 30s and look like I'm still 22 hopefully. But today, I do not thank you.


Have I not grown up any? Really?

Freshman year.



Now.




Nothin'? Bummer.

5 comments:

  1. Im in the same boat. I often get carded for rated R movies. My boyfriends little sister who is 16 looks older than me. Its not my fault... I just have the baby face loook and Im not super curvy so that hurts my cause as well.

    You're right though, in 8 years we will be happy to look so young :) Its just a hassle now to be told how young you look

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's great! I'm 20 but I wish I was still in the teenage years. I have no idea why, I just do. I understand what you mean though- I'm always being confused for my 16 year old sister.

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 22 as well and people ALL the time tell me that I look 18-19. However, I definitely look different from how I looked then. A woman in my class looks like she is our age and my jaw hit the ground when she told us that she is in her 30s. She is my hero lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look super hot at 22. Maybe we could go to the bar sometime... you would have to buy my drinks though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I remember wishing I looked older until I was in my 30s........(insert thinking song here)........Now that I'm in my 40s, it's hard to believe that thought could have entered my mind.

    ReplyDelete