Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Knock On Wood.

How have I never broken a bone? I'm such a drunk clutz and I fall down so much. If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen this twitpic:



Well, that happened Saturday. And it's still swollen. I've tried to follow my friends' advice: ice, elevate, heat.

Ice? I've tried...but I'm a wimp. That ice gets cold.

Elevate? Yeah, I can handle that. For a while. But then I get bored or uncomfortable and want to move.

Heat? Now, heat I can handle. Not hot water (the cuts are still pretty sensitive), but I am currently lying in bed with a heating pad wrapped around the ankle. And it feels amazing.


I've fallen and twisted this same ankle about 5+ times in the past year. I actually went to get x-rays and whatnot in May. The doctor pointed out a spot on one of those bones that could be a fracture or could just be slight bone degeneration. Either way, a cast wouldn't fix it. They would need to do an MRI and run some (expensive) tests to find out more.

No thanks...right?

Now I'm kind of regretting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment