Monday, October 11, 2010

Miscellaneous Monday

Stole this idea (with a different title) from Rachel @ {simple.little.joys}. Happens a lot.



[Thoughts and Prayers]
One of my very best friends was in a car wreck on Friday. She collided with an 18-wheeler and suffered broken bones in her right leg and left wrist/elbow. She had surgery on her leg early Saturday morning and surgery on her arm today. She's at the Med in Memphis, for now, and will hopefully be able to recover in Oxford soon.




Please send your thoughts and prayers to Lindsay during this time! I went to visit her on Saturday, and let me just tell you...she usually sugar coats things and is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. That wasn't the Lindsay I visited and I loved it. Maybe everyone should be on a daily dose of Dilaudid so they're as brutally honest as me.



[StubHub]
I had planned on going to a ton of concerts this fall and was prepared...tickets and all. But, I had to cancel ACL, Avett Brothers, annnnd MGMT. Sad that I can't go, but happy to be making profits from the tickets. Well...someone bought 3 of the Avett Brothers tickets and then canceled the order before I shipped them. That's understandable, right? It's fine, I have 2 and a half weeks to sell them. No big deal. So I got on StubHub to re-list them...and they were already listed. I called customer service to ask what was going on and how to resolve it. Well, well. Little miss priss that bought my 3 tickets for $90 each, canceled the order (obviously hoping that I had already shipped them), and listed them at $240 a piece. No ma'am. The kind customer service representative I spoke with removed her listing, so I am able to list them again...at a higher price this time. The demand has obviously gone up because they're going for over $200. Guess it was a good thing after all.



[Boston]
This Boston trip has been planned for a really long time, but it sneaked (yeah, snuck is not a word) up on me. We leave Wednesday and I am not prepared at all. I have everything settled with work, so that's a plus. But I haven't planned, packed, or done laundry. And I have a lot of laundry to do. Luckily, the rooms just bought a really high-tech awesome washer and dryer. It looks like a video game...let's hope I can work it. Also, we haven't even planned how we're getting to the airport. 8:30am flight out of Memphis...any takers?



[Matt and Kim]
Yeah, even though I'm not at all prepared to leave for Boston Wednesday morning (or possibly tomorrow night), I'm going to a concert tonight. Oh well. Seize the day, right?





[Ingram Hill Giveaway]

Who won this bad boy?

Rachel D. from Jackson, MS
Thanks to everyone for participating. Rachel, send me your address! And everyone else, go buy Look Your Best.

2 comments:

  1. 1) So glad/jealous that you got to go see Linds! I need to call her and check in on her. You're so sweet to put her prayer requests out there...such a sweet friend!

    2) Seriously wish I was going to Boston with y'all. Please text me constantly so I can live vicariously through you and Morg!

    3) Pretty freaking pumped about the CD!!!!!!!! How lucky am I?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous Dude You KnowOctober 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM

    Ummm are we just giving all the prizes away to our family and friends miss walter

    ReplyDelete