Friday, October 8, 2010

Tag!

Rachel @ {simple.little.joys} happens to be one of my best friends from college.


but she's also one of my favorite bloggers.

Today, she responded to FOUR sets of questions she was tagged in...and left some questions of her own. So, here I am...to answer her questions!



1) Most embarrassing moment? And don't leave out ANY details!
My most embarrassing moment...ever? Freshman year of High School at our annual Meet The Cougars night, I slipped and fell in front of everyone. Luckily, I was wearing bloomers with my cheer uniform (as they were mandatory, of course.) Sophomore year of college I busted it in the MIDDLE of the circle in the MIDDLE of the day when everyone was around. But I fall all the time, so I guess neither of those would count as the single most embarrassing moment of my life. And ya know, I really can't decide on one, so I'm just gonna go with the most embarrassing moment from this past month. Friday, October 1st...I was going through the pictures on my camera to try to remember what all I had done the night before when I saw a picture of me with Dexter McCluster. I suddenly remembered that I saw him in Irie, went up to him, hugged him and held his hand as I said. "Dexter, when Oprah said not to text and drive...I didn't care. But since you said it, I don't do it." I then hugged him so tightly it gave me bruises (he kind of feels like a statue).

 

 

2) Your favorite outfit and why?
On a normal, lounging day...nike shorts and an oversized t-shirt. My usual work attire? Jeans (skinny jeans, that is) with a top and cardigan. Nights out and Grove/football games? Dresses. My favorite dress ever?

 This yellow number.

 
3) Why did you start blogging? How long have you been blogging?
I've always loved to write (seriously, always). I finally decided to start a blog when I had an interesting story to tell (about losing my wallet and not missing a red light and then finding my wallet...whatever, it was interesting to me). I blogged 6 times in my first 6 months. I'm not sure when it picked up, but I can't stop now.

 
4) Favorite quote? 
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly
And I know, I know...technically this blog is writing for the "public" since it is viewable by the public. But I don't write for the public...I write for me. I write to entertain myself and because I like doing it.
 
 
5) If your house was on fire, what are the first 3 things you would grab?
  My purse (which would have my wallet and phone and camera and other necessary items), my dad's Bible, and my grandmother's wedding ring.


6) If you could swap lives with a celebrity for one week, who would you choose and why?
Britney Spears. Just cause I wanna see what crazy shenanigans she really gets into.
 
 
7) Name three things you want to accomplish by the start of 2011.
Have a reasonable amount in my savings to start looking at new cars, be settled into my house and keep it clean, and lose 10 lbs  (doesn't everyone always want to lose 10 lbs?)
 
 
8) Biggest guilty pleasure that you really hate admitting to anyone?
I'm an anti-country music girl. But...I can listen to a little Chris Cagle or Keith Urban now and then. Please don't tell anyone.

 
9) What is your favorite picture and why? Post it with your answers!

I was being a smartass, snapping of a picture of myself while drunk and falling down...in front of an Animal House poster. It doesn't get much better than that.  
 
 
10) What is the best book you've ever read?
 Ever? Anthem by Ayn Rand.
Lately? Open by Andre Agassi.



Nowwww....my turn to ask you 10 questions. Maybe I'll answer them another day.
What are your answers?

1. Who was your first celebrity crush?
2. If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
3. What's the ringtone on your cellphone?
4. What's your favorite thing to cook?
5. What was the hardest conversation you've ever had?
6. What was the best gift you've ever received?
7. When your phone rings, who do you hope it is? (don't lie)
8. Who is your favorite comedian?
9. What song defines your current mood?
10. If your life was a reality show, what would it be called?


2 comments:

  1. Christine E (CapeS_coddEr)October 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM

    Loved these questions Faye...and happened to be on my lunch break, so here are my answers:

    1. Who was your first celebrity crush?

    Jonathan Taylor Thomas (sooo cute - lol).

    2. If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?

    Elton John

    3. What's the ringtone on your cellphone?

    "I'm Still Standing" By...Sir Elton John (of course)

    4. What's your favorite thing to cook?

    Spinach Artichoke Pastries (an appetizer that my family LOVES)

    5. What was the hardest conversation you've ever had?

    Actually that was only a few months ago; it was when I told my father that I wasn't sure I wanted to be a CPA/Accountant the rest of my life. It was tough because he's an Accountant and I've been working for him for the last 8 years. I love my job and I could do it for another 10 years...but I have other plans (i.e. helping my Boyfriend run his new Landscaping Business).

    6. What was the best gift you've ever received?

    Hmmm...I would have to say when Greg gave me my Cat, "Nigel", a few years ago...that little guy and I connected immediately and he kept me stress-free during Grad School.

    7. When your phone rings, who do you hope it is? (don't lie)

    Well that depends entirely on what I am doing at that moment. If I'm in an unfamiliar place, or if I'm really bored and need to kill some time, I hope it's my twin sister, Cate. She and I can stay on the phone talking about nothing for hours...haha.

    On any other day, I hope it's my boyfriend Greg because he always has something interesting to tell me about his day (usually funny) and I look forward to that!

    8. Who is your favorite comedian?

    I'm not familiar with too many comedians (honest answer)...Does Will Farrell count?

    9. What song defines your current mood?

    "I'm so excited" By The Pointer Sisters ...because I'm going to my favorite place on earth in a few short hours (my grandmother's lake house in Upstate NY).

    10. If your life was a reality show, what would it be called?

    Probably "Boring" because who really wants to watch an Accountant all day? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You.are.my.favorite. Hands down. Seriously, love your for spreading the word on my blog. What would I do without you, Faye?!

    I love these kinds of posts, because even though we're best friends and I feel like I know ALOT about you, I always learn something new. Can't wait to answer these questions SOON! MISS you!

    ReplyDelete