Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why Don't You Wednesday

One of my best friends, said this to me after yesterday's post:

Why don't you write about issues that concern you and that you want to raise awareness for instead of words that gross you out...and promote organizations that deal with advocating what you feel is important and then you may could get some type of endorsement deals.


There are definitely issues that concern me and organizations that I support, but that's for a different time and place. Not here and not now. I'll mention these issues from time to time, but I don't want Faye'sbook to be solely about the big things in life.

I don't want to push my views on other people...not with major life issues anyway. I'll tell you what movies you should see, what music you should check out, and tons of other random things about my not-all-that-interesting life...but that's it.

I don't want endorsement deals because I don't want to add a "the content on this blog does not represent..." statement to every one of my posts. I don't want to deal with the pressure of representing an organization.

I also don't want to be censored. If I wanted to be told what I can and can't write, I would have pursued a career in writing. I'm not a writer. I write for fun and I want it to remain fun. Maybe one day I'll get paid for my writing, but it is not here or now...and when it comes along, it will be on my own terms.



Now...Why Don't You...check out Ingram Hill.




And why don't you enter the Ingram Hill giveaway.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this. Love. You're the one friend of mine who isn't afraid to speak her mind, and I love it. I agree about the writing for fun...it's YOUR blog and I think you should write about what YOU feel compelled to write about. And as I know, it's usually the little things in life that are on our mind the most. LOVE your blog, love your thoughts, love your writing. Keep it up. And I'm gonna go listen to some more Ingram Hill now, just because you told me to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of the Flight of the Conchords, you're talking about the issues but you're keeping it funky.

    ReplyDelete