Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Words

Are there any words that you don't like? Words that just give you the  
heebie-jeebies?


One of my friends doesn't like the word "vein".
My old roommate hated the word "ointment".
A lot of people get grossed out by "moist".

I've also heard: paste, bunion, womb, and plop.


I have a big fear of sp...spi...spiders, so I hate that word.


But even more than that...the word that really gets to me?

CONGEALED

How disgusting is that word? Sick. Maybe that's why I don't like leftovers.


When I asked Mary Cameron if there was a word she didn't like, she said:

I don't like to hear "no".

Touché.

 

10 comments:

  1. It's funny how different people are annoyed by certain words.

    I hate the word moist! It makes me think of gross things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the word swag not because it gives me the heebie jeebies just because it is really over used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine E (CapeS_coddEr)October 5, 2010 at 3:08 PM

    It's funny you mentioned "Moist"...I know so many people who hate that word. It doesn't bother me.

    However, the one word that guarantees a loss of appetite for me is: Cartilage (don't ask me why...haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, thats a hard one for me. I dont get grossed out by medical stuff, but the word polyps freaks me out. Oh, and thrush, fleas, and mold get me. How strange! Great topic!
    Kate@www.idreamloudly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I approve of this mention in your blog much more than the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The words I hate are a little to inappropriate for blogger. ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pus. Doesn't get worse than that. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like words that vulgarly refer to the vagina. Pretty much all of those are nasty. YECK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Randy, I am in agreement with you - the word "pus" tops them all. I cringe whenever I see/hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, keeping with the medical theme...here's one for any of you ladies who've given birth. I cannot understand why all of the birth prep books could not come up with a word a little gentler than "tear". I would see it repeatedly and cringe in terror every time I read it. The whole experience was actually quite wonderful and nothing like what that word had me thinking it would be.

    ReplyDelete