Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Perfect Enough

In a perfect world, we'd be celebrating my dad's 56th birthday today. Also in a perfect world, I'd be rail thin, lying on a beach in Fiji, eating cool whip out of the container, next to a hot (and funny) guy.

But the world isn't perfect. And I'm glad. What would be the point of that?


Your world is as perfect as you make it. And I would know. I've been faced with a rather large amount of hardships over my short lifetime, but I'd say my life is pretty perfect. It's perfect compared to what it could be, anyway. And that's enough for me.

So, since I won't be cutting birthday cake with my father and giving him a meaningless gift...in honor of his birthday, I'm asking you to see the perfect in your life today.

4 comments:

  1. This made me tear up. Yes you have and you will see him again to celebrate something much more beautiful than a birthday.

    Hot guy and cool whip and fiji...hmmm, forget the container. eat it off him! (yes i wrote that and o know you will appreciate it that i did)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this big time. So proud of you, my sweet friend. And I know your Papa would be so proud of the woman you've become! So lucky to be able to call you one of my very best friends :) Happy birthday to your daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely one of my favorite posts you've done. Very heart warming. Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete