Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Witnessed...Memphis Tennis

Last night, I attended two of the first round matches of the  
at the Racquet Club of Memphis.




Andy Roddick 

v

Richard Berankis

[4-6, 6-2, 6-4]



and



 Sam Querrey

v

Denis Istomin

[6-7, 7-6, 6-4]



You like my action shots? They are all of the players walking to the ball boys because I didn't want to miss the real action.


At this tournament I witnessed the Andy Roddick we've all heard about.


I witnessed Andy...

smash his racquet.

yell at and argue with the chair umpire.

say a few choice words when asking for his towel.



But I also witnessed Andy Roddick...

be the badass tennis player we all know he is.

come up from a set down to win 4-6, 6-2, 6-4.

hit countless* aces, multiples in excess of 140mph.



Oh, and I witnessed Sam Querrey hit 10+ tennis balls into my box from across the court at max speed. Sam, if you wanted my attention, all you had to do was ask. Of course I'll give you my number.



*They're not really countless. I could have counted them. And I'm sure someone did. But whatever. 



1 comment:

  1. I love Andy Roddick! His volatile behavior is all part of his charm. :)

    ReplyDelete