Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hair Strippers

So, hair Strippers are bad for you. I know you're thinking, "Hair strippers? They take off all their clothes and dance on a barber pole, right?"




No. And they don't cut your hair while stripping, either.


Hair strippers remove dye from your hair using all kinds of crazy chemicals. Sounds good, right? No. 


I've always darkened my hair. Recently, I decided I didn't want it dark anymore. And I didn't want to wait for it to grow out. And I definitely didn't want to use a hair stripper. So I asked my knowledgeable friend Google what I should do. And you know what he said?


Head and Shoulders


You're not supposed to use Head and Shoulders if you color your hair because why? Because it removes the color. Three weeks of this stuff and my hair is back to its natural color. A nice, medium brown. 


Now, I think I wanna go lighter. Should I?



3 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to do that!! I wish there was an easy way to get my highlights to darken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I stopped darkening my hair and had it stripped. It was literally bright orange (like Holly colored, except more) until they redyed it. And even after that, it felt so gross. I wish I'd know about Head & Shoulders then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, I didn't know that! I've recently wanted to go lighter, too....Good to know!

    ReplyDelete