Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something Borrowed

Emily Giffin's Something Borrowed is one of my favorite books. I remember when I read it, I never wanted to put it down. (It was my first trip to Mardi Gras and I considered not going out so I could stay in and finish it.) I was so wrapped up in the story. The characters were all so likable (minus Darcy, of course). And, it was just great. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me hope. And the movie did the same.

I wasn't thrilled about the casting of Kate Hudson, but she was okay. I thought everyone else was cast wonderfully. Ginnifer Goodwin was lovable as Rachel. Collin Egglesfield was dreamy as Dex. And John Krasinski was absolutely perfect as Ethan. Spot on. Wonderful. He definitely stole the show. 


Not only was he completely hilarious...








...but he was also the perfect friend.







Do yourself a favor. Read the book and see the movie.

And...make yourself happy. Do something. Because if you pass up an opportunity, you might miss out on the chance of a lifetime.

4 comments:

  1. I read the book soooo long ago so have completely forgotten about the characters and story line etc. I want to re read it before I see the movie but I doubt that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that last line directed at me? Because I hope it was. I needed to hear that. Love you, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the book!! The movie was great too-- John Krasinski was the best part. HILARIOUS! Well, it was either his hilarity or Colin Egglesfield's pretty face. It's a toss up really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna see this movie! But I don't know if I'll get around to seeing it in theaters. Netflixing it for sure though!

    ReplyDelete