Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

I went to a beautiful wedding this weekend. The celebration of the joining in Holy matrimony of my two friends -- Haley and Joseph Murph.

First dance

Haley & I met freshman year when we pledged Kappa Delta Sorority but became good friends the next year while living near each other on the KΔ floor in the dorm.





I met Murph when he & Haley began dating but had seen him often since he worked the door at the Library Sports Bar (my favorite bar in Oxford the world).

Wedding Party @ the Library Patio via Scott Burton

The ceremony took place at the Oxford-University Methodist Church and was nothing short of beautiful. They used two of my favorite songs for weddings...Surely the Presence and The Prayer. Oh, and...he cried! (That, or Haley wiped away fake tears to embarrass him.)

via Scott Burton

The reception was a blast. The food, band, drinks, and cake...all fantastic. I started with 3 glasses of champagne before I switched to vodka water. I won't divulge just how many drinks I had, but I will say that long before the end of the night, the bartender had my drink poured before I even reached him and told him what I wanted.


With Cat & Linds
Kappa Delta song via Scott Burton

Once, when I met a new guy and found out he was friends with Murph, the very first thing I did was ask his opinion as he was letting me in free to the Brary. I ended up dating the guy for a year and a half. That means there was a year and a half of talks of a double date that we never got around to having.


With the newlyweds


So, you know what that means...time for the newlyweds to play matchmaker so we can finally make that double date a reality, right?




Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Murphy!

via Scott Burton

Now, doesn't that make you want to have an Oxford, MS wedding?

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo shooting down into the wedding party!

    ReplyDelete