Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Always a bridesmaid...

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? Such a stupid saying. We'll all be brides one day...when the time is right. In the meantime, let's have a blast being bridesmaids!

After a very romantic proposal from her boyfriend fiancé, Nathan, my dear friend Lindsay and I had this text message exchange (while she was on a champagne high).





Linds: Nathan and I are engaged!!!! 
me: So exciting!!! Congratulations!!! 
Linds: Thanks you have to be a bridesmaid. Have to!!! 
me: Yes, I have to be a bridesmaid. 
(read: you better make me a bridesmaid, missy.)

A few days later, after publishing her wedding website, she said to me, "I did ask you to be a bridesmaid didn't I? I guess if I didn't, you can see that you are!"


It really is a blessing to be such a big part of someone's special day. I can't wait for all the parties and the showers and of course the wedding! It's only 339 days away!




Congratulations to Lindsay & Nathan!




2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for Lindsay!! :D And usually you can find an eligible guy at weddings, so keep an eye out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know that anyone would trust me to be their bridesmaid. I'll end up in a crying heap the day of the wedding, possibly in a drunken stupor begging God to tell my why Timmy Manfield dumped my ass back in 1999 after dating him for a record breaking 3 weeks...

    But hey, AWESOME :D congrats to your friends.

    ReplyDelete