Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Resolutions

Well, it's not the New Year yet...but I already have a few resolutions that I plan to put in place in the coming months.

1. Cook more
Oh, wait. I already started that, didn't I? I always include at least one thing I've already done on my to-do lists so I can cross it out and feel somewhat accomplished. And let me just tell you...I make the best potato soup ever. Step off Newk's.

via @RachDillard


2. P90X
I have to start P90X again. It gave me so much more energy and made my days longer (because I was getting up at 5am). Lately, I've been rolling out of bed around 7:30 and getting to work at 8, still groggy. I'll settle for getting out of bed 3 hours earlier and working my ass off in the mornings if it means I'll have more energy. Plus, I'll get to eat breakfast.



3. Get organized
I'm organized in the sense that I know exactly which pile of clothes holds the shirt I'm looking for. Or which corner of the living room houses the pair of shoes I want to wear. I just never fully unpacked when we moved into our new house, so nothing is really in order. And I have yet to buy the album frames for my wall art. I need to get on that.

via Urban Outfitters


4. Read/write more
The last book I read, Not Dead and Not for Sale by Scott Weiland, I finished in three hours. But I haven't picked up a book since -- and that was over two months ago! I just bought Fall to Pieces by Mary Forsberg Weiland (Scott's ex wife) and am hoping to read it this weekend. My reading list is growing so rapidly, I'm scared that I'll never catch up. Same goes with writing. I have notebooks full of half-written blog posts, stories, and other ideas. But I never finish them. I'm such a slacker.




I think 4 is enough. I don't want to overwhelm myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

What are some of your resolutions? And what books should I add to my reading list? 

3 comments:

  1. Great list! Except for the P90(mine is running) we have the same resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha awesome list. And I think that we are the same person, because all of these are on my list...except I don't know about getting up that early....

    p.s. check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Getting more organized is DEFINITELY on my list. It always is though, lol.

    ReplyDelete