Thursday, September 1, 2011

Second Chance?

When Kai asked me to guest post, I was in the middle of a fit of writer's block (blogger's block?). I also thought to myself, "Why does she want me to write for her readers? I'm not profound in any way." But I tried to be profound and talk about life and being stuck in a routine and blah blah blah.

Then she went and titled the post "Funny Girl" and I realized why she wanted me as a guest poster. It's because I'm funny...duh. As my blog/twitter/facebook so prominently displays:

I won't promise I will be profound but I will promise I won't be boring.

So, I'm not asking Kai to link to this or anything (yes, yes I am...Kai...link to this post and give me a second chance at this) but if I had a second chance, this is what I would say:


Hey you. Yes, you! I'm so glad to be guest posting for Kai on All Kinds of Complicated. Let me tell you a little bit about myself.



My name is Faye and I'm the least cheerful person you will ever meet...every other day. I am usually shy at first, but then I just talk and talk and talk. If I dressed according to my moods and music...I would probably be gothic. I hardly ever smile, but I am always happy. I am obsessed with pictures. I love to dance. I am OCD and controlling...a complete perfectionist, but sometimes messy. I hate being interrupted; people always interrupt me. I always fall for sweet talk. I hate sweet talk. I love to cry. I love sweet movies, but none of them beat Dude Where's My Car. I'm complex but simple. I hate when people don't respond to my text messages. I make mistakes. I have random anxiety attacks. I love to read and write. I LOVE good music. I have the most bipolar playlist ever. I love food. I eat constantly. I do pilates...once a month.

Orrrr at least that's what my Facebook "about me" said before I realized that was really annoying and just shortened it to:




I love to blog. I started blogging because I was bored (and I've always loved to write). Then the Bachelorette came along and changed my whole persona. I was obsessed with Chris L. from Ali's season. I ordered a t-shirt from his company. This this happened. (I'll wait here while you go read that.) Then Chris read it. And tweeted me. And started following my blog. I joked about giving away an autographed t-shirt from him. But then we really did it.


Oh, and I met him for dinner in Boston.


Okay, enough of that for one post.

I keep writing about Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad stuff because that's where the majority of my followers came from. But goodness gracious I'm sick of it. Well, except for looking at the cute boys.

And I have seriously considered applying. And by that, I mean 2 years in a row I downloaded the packet and completed everything (except for the video). Maybe next year? We'll see.


In the meantime, follow along on my blog to see where my life will lead next!

5 comments:

  1. writers block seriously is the worst. but just remember that youre fucking funny and it will all come crashing back. believe you me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha Oh my GOSH Faye!!! This is the funniest thing ever, and I am so happy you did not one, but TWO posts for me!! I will definitely link to you first thing tomorrow. This seriously made me laugh in my office (yes I am checking your blog while I'm at work lol) You are the funniest girl in the world. By the way...I am pretty sure that we are the same person because that whole "about me" you did basically sums me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should absolutely, completely, 100% apply to be on the bachelor!!!!! Then I can blog about you!! Hahahhaa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you might be my hero...
    That story is hilarious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete