Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday Tunes - 21

In honor of my last single ex boyfriend tying the knot with the girl he dated immediately after me (happens every time), I finally decided to listen to Adele's 21 album. Ya know, the one where she whines about her ex boyfriend moving on for the entire album?


And I'll admit...I still hate Adele. I'm just not a fan of her voice. She sounds like a way less talented, classier but whinier, slightly more alive Amy Winehouse.

I wonder if this guy broke up with her because she was too emotional? Probably. Maybe that's why I can't relate? I was the dumper, not the dumpee. And I don't want someone like him. I don't even think I'm ready to have someone at all. It's just weird to see your ex boyfriends marry off. All girls want all of their ex boyfriends to still be in love with them. It's how we're wired. Especially Adele.

So, I listened to the entire 21 album. And these are my thoughts.

Rolling in the Deep doesn't even count because it's super played out. 

I almost kinda like Turning Tables and Set Fire to the Rain. They have good beats.

I didn't hate but didn't necessarily like One and Only.

I couldn't even get through Rumour Has It, Don't You Remember?, He Won't Go, Take it All, and I'll be Waiting. Seriously, I'll be Waiting is the most pathetic song I've ever heard.

311 does the best cover of Lovesong and that's the only one I'll be listening to.

Someone Like You. Now, that's a good song. I don't agree with it and I don't relate to it, but I like to sing along with it. Except, not the Adele version. Just the cover by Charlie Puth and Emily Luther.





What are your thoughts on Adele? As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one who doesn't worship her. Sorry.

6 comments:

  1. The iTunes version of "21" has a bonus track titled "I Found a Boy." That one is my favorite. She is finally over her ex and has moved on. Youtube it. It's a goodie. Although, if you already don't like Adele (how dare you), you probably won't like this one either...but it's worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could take her or leave her. I really like Someone Like You, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole post is blasphemous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like her voice either. I do love Someone like you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh, I like Adele but she's not my go to person for music.

    I, like you, am the female version of Good Luck Chuck. I mean, so much that I get sent wedding invites and the occasional email saying things like "thanks for showing me how to man up" or "you taught me so much about being in a relationship that now I found the one". Stupid men...

    ReplyDelete