Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Whirlwind


Meet the girls I was friends with in high school. Class of 2006. Five years ago. (I'm actually still somewhat in touch with most of them -- thanks to Facebook.) 

Since we graduated, these girls have been up to a lot. One has a kid, one has two kids, two are married, one's divorced (but in a serious relationship), two others are in relationships, one gets married this Saturday (yay!) and then there's me. Single. 

Thank God. (For now.) I can't even imagine how different my life would be right now if I had married one of the guys from my past. And I mean different-in-a-bad-way. I like my life. (For now.) 

Emo alert: I've thought that maybe I'll never get married. But not because I don't think I'll find someone that wants to marry me. I wonder if I'll find someone that I want to marry. I'm really picky. And I don't really like people. Remember?

My friend Lindsay thinks I'll have a whirlwind romance where I meet someone and we're married in 6 weeks. 6 weeks? How long does Bachelor film? Maybe it should be more like 6 months. I could see that.

And  you better believe I'll be trying to catch that bouquet this weekend. Why not start that 6 months now?

No comments:

Post a Comment