Friday, December 9, 2011

10 Things + Confessional

What better way to end the week than with little roundup? 
(And a countdown to drinks tonight.)


[1]

After spending the past 4 days shut off to the world while reading The Hunger Games, I am depressed and confused. What a heavy book series. I'm glad I read it, but it was tough.
Oxford has a local bookstore called Square Books. There's also Off Square Books and Square Books Junior. I don't know who calls the shots, but whoever decided this series should be housed at Square Books Jr. should be fired. Definitely not for kids.


[2]

I finally started Christmas shopping (online, of course). And nearly finished in one day. I only have a few people to buy for this year (i.e., no boyfriend) so it hasn't been bad.
I had a harder time coming up with my list of things that I want this year. I'm a giver.


[3]

Currently in Oxford, it is 34°. Today's high is 52°. I'm not really a fan of the cold. I like boots and scarves but come on? 34°?
Next weekend, I will be here. Kill me.


[4]

My mom sent me a picture of her decorated Christmas tree earlier this week. It used to have all of our homemade ornaments and family memories hanging from it. Since my sister and I have been out of the house for 7 and 5 years, respectively, she decorates it differently.
It makes me sad.


[5]

I need a new car. Badly. My air doesn't work. Which means, not only do I not have heat in this 34° weather, I also don't have defrost. It's scary. Thankfully, my sister works nights and gets home right before I have to leave for work, so I have been driving her car. She's the best.
But it still bothers me that I have to scoot the seat back, flip up the mirror, and change the radio from a station that plays this to one that plays this. I need a new car.


[6]

I lied again about starting P90X. But I just got so wrapped up in those books that I didn't have time for anything else.
It starts (for reals) this Monday.


[7]

I hosted our work Christmas party on Sunday and made potato soup. It was a hit. Thankfully I tripled the recipe, so I could eat leftovers this week. I ate potato soup for about 7 meals, lunch and dinner. It was fabulous.
The recipe:
Boil 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes and 1/4 cup chopped onion in 4 cups chicken broth. (Along with 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, & 1/4 teaspoon red pepper.) When tender, mash up some of the potatoes to thicken. (I usually scoop out a cup or two of cubes, mash what is left, and pour the unmashed cubes back in.) Lastly, add 1 8oz package of cream cheese. Simmer and stir until cheese is melted. It's phenomenal.


[8]

I want to go on a trip for NYE. Just down to the coast and just for 4 or 5 days. But, I can't (or don't want to) take Mosby with me. 
Should I feel bad about pawning him off on my mom so soon?


[9]

Brad surprised me with a super awesome gift for Christmas. When he told me he got it for me, it literally brought tears to my eyes. And I'm not a cryer. 
I don't think anyone can top this gift, but feel free to try!


[10] 

Because a few of these were confessions, not only am I linking up with E Tells Tales for 10 Little Things, I'm also linking up with A Blonde Ambition for Confessional Friday!

Happy weekend, y'all.

8 comments:

  1. That potato soup sounds so easy and so good! I'll have to make it - asap.

    Why are you heading to Minnesota? Super jealous you're going to my Homeland and I have to wait until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum potato soup! I love that you admitted to having been too busy reading to do P90X...story of my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is gorgeous!! And I dont know if I'd be going anywhere that was -2 degrees...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tree! And my mom decorates the tree how she wants too...and it bums me out....where is the sentiment???

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was wondering about that series... everyone says its good, if you can get past the heavy-ness of it... i dont really know what its about... but maybe ill get around to reading it one day.

    your tree is gorgeous and that soup sounds YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is really cold!!! I really liked the Hunger Game series as well...but they were deep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just finished the first hunger games book today and am about to start the second one...im already freaking out from the suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You read the Hunger Games!! So good, right? But definitely not a young kids' book. No way Jose. And, um, can you please let us know how P90x is? Because I am so flippin' lazy I won't try it until someone else does and says YOU HAVE TO DO IT.

    ReplyDelete