Friday, January 20, 2012

Signs


No, not the crop circle/alien/foil hat/"There's a monster outside my room can I have a glass of water" movie.

Signs from the Universe.

Do you believe in signs? I have seen them all around me lately.

I had a rough night Tuesday. As I was driving home from a very pointless 2 hour solo road trip, I broke down crying. I was scanning the radio looking for a good station but eventually just gave up and stopped on a song I didn't like because I just wanted to cry. Then, that random station played two back to back Nirvana songs.

I think it was the Universe telling me it's all gonna be okay.


After that experience that made me rethink a lot of things in my life, I went to get sushi with my sister. My fortune cookie said "It's the right time to make new friends."

I think it was the Universe telling me I need new friends.


I had a conversation with an old friend and I was telling her that I think I need a change in my life. Obviously I won't be moving anytime soon because I'm in a lease and I live with a couple of my best friends, but something needs to change. The very next day I was presented with the possibility of a new opportunity.

I think it was the Universe telling me that change is possible.


Last night, I went to the Young Professionals gathering. I was only going to stay for a little while, but I ended up staying longer than expected. I had good conversations with friends, met new people, and made plans with girls that I don't often hang out with (though I wish I did).

I think it was the Universe telling me that those "new friends" I need are easy to find. And the Universe also told me about half off wine on Wednesdays at 208.


What has the Universe been telling you lately? 

Are you listening?

3 comments:

  1. i totally believe in signs too! i haven't had any little ones lately but i think getting a new job right after the new year was an obvious sign that 2012 is going to rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love the Universe's signs!! You got some pretty great ones this week & especially the 208 tidbit! See you Wednesday!! We normally go right after work, 5ish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in signs, too. I love that the universe is telling you that things are all going to be okay. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete