Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

[1]
I had a very productive off day yesterday. My roommate's sweet boyfriend surprised her by grocery shopping and doing dishes while we were at the movies Sunday night, so my day began with rearranging all of the groceries and dishes into their proper places. After that, I went grocery shopping for myself. I spent about $200 on a ton of food. Lots of veggies, the makings for about 4 dinner meals, lunches, snacks, even breakfast foods. After unloading everything, I went to McDonald's for dinner. It happens.

[2]
The Bachelor. What a crazy show it was last night, right? Actually, I haven't watched it yet. I didn't watch any TV last night (aside from some Australian Open tennis) because I was busy being productive. But from what I've gathered by your tweets... someone went on an outrageous date (surprised?), Shawntel from Brad's seasons joined the girls in competition*, I'm sure there were tears, and girls got sent home.** I have a feeling my 4 favorites (least hated) are still my 4 favorites (least hated) unless they got sent home.
 
*If you go on the show once, basically it means you have access to anyone who has ever been on the show. I have a few guys from past seasons that I'd like to access.
**Who got sent home?
 
I also haven't seen PLL, HIMYM, or 2 Broke Girls. The DVR is calling my name.
 
[3]
I began a deep clean of my bedroom last night. It needed it. I've already gathered a box of "donate" items that includes an old iHome that I never use, a backpack, a few purses and clutches, and 6 scarves that I have owned for years but never worn. I don't think they're items that are worth it to sell/ship, so they're going to Goodwill. My closet, on the other hand, has many sell-worthy items that will probably be making an appearance on the blog soon. Get your wallets ready, ladies.
 
[4]
My birthday is 3 weeks (and 1 day) away. This year, I'm asking for money. Money money money money...MONEY! I have to be frugal in 2012 so that I can spend big bucks on big things instead of lots of little bucks on lots of little things. Usually, the items on my Christmas list that I didn't get become my birthday list...but I got almost everything this year (and the things I didn't get are sold out). My birthday present to myself for the past two years has been tickets to the Memphis Tennis tournament to see Andy Roddick's first round match. Sadly, I won't be going this year. I'm going to add that money into my "vacation" fund...because I'm going on roughly 7 trips this year.

I'm really not sure how I'll be celebrating. Crazy, I know. I usually make a huge spectacle out of my birthday and it lasts a whole month. But who cares about 24? It seems like a lame year. I better have a cake though, that's all I'm sayin'.

If you want to send me birthday happies, I love cards. And candy. And anything else you might want to send. My mailbox will be awaiting.

[5]
A beloved Ole Miss player will be wearing a Super Bowl ring on February 5th no matter what teams wins. (I'm cheering for Green-Ellis if you didn't know.)


How is your Tuesday? Who got sent home on the Bachelor? What's this about a new cute boy on PLL? Do you need my address? And who are you rooting for to win the Super Bowl?

2 comments:

  1. So glad someone else does groceries for the week and then buys themselves dinner. Happens to me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome about the Super Bowl fact!

    ReplyDelete