Friday, January 27, 2012

Welcome to Dumpsville.

Have you ever had a bad dream about someone and it made you angry with them in real life? Has a dream ever made you angry at yourself?

This morning, I woke up heartbroken from a strange dream. I was at home* anxiously awaiting a phone call from my boyfriend (boyfriend in my dream was my ex boyfriend) as he was coming home from a long trip in Hawaii and I hadn't talked to him since he left*. 

He texted me letting me know that he was home safely but would have to wait to call me later. I was upset. I went to my sister and told her that he wasn't going to call me until later and it hurt my feelings because I missed him.

A smirk developed on her face** and she told me that he had sent her a text message and asked if he should break up with me over the phone or wait until he could do it in person.

A few minutes later, he called. I knew what he was calling to say. He told me he wanted to break up and that he'd never felt more right about a decision in his life. I asked him if he had been thinking of it before or if it was a new development (i.e., did he meet some Hawaiian girl). His response was, "I realized it the second I was away from you***."

I cried. Then I went into the next room to talk to my friends about it. Because it's a dream, it was possible for them to all magically appear in my living room as soon as I hung up the phone.

I was telling them the breakup story and they all stopped listening****. I ran to my room crying. And then I woke up.

*Signs I didn't notice in the dream. Why was I not picking up my boyfriend from the airport? And why had I not talked to him the whole time he was gone?
**My sister always smirks when she tells me bad news. I don't know if it's because she's half-smiling to make the news sound less bad, or if she gets some twisted satisfaction from delivering bad news.
***Harsh!
****Rude!!


What the hell does that dream mean? I've been super stressed out this week and have needed a good cry, so maybe I wanted to get it out in a dream since my eyes don't really leak much in real life. Or. Maybe, just maybe. It was the Universe getting me back for breaking up with him. Or, well, how I broke up with him.

Now, I would never send a breakup text message like Lindzi from the Bachelor supposedly received...

Welcome to Dumpsville, population: you!

But I did maybe kinda officially break up with my last boyfriend via text. What? I know, rude. But it wasn't really that bad. We were on a "break"* and when I realized it wasn't going to get better, I sent him something like "I just can't do this anymore". Then a phone conversation and in person conversation happened, too. But it was initiated via text. After a year and a half of dating.

But I didn't send him to Dumpsville. I sent him to the chapel. Cause less than 2 years later, he got married. 

*Breaks never work. Breaks are stupid. You either want to be with someone or you don't. 

Anyway, this dream has had me in a funk all day. Luckily, it's Friday...I'm leaving work an hour early, and I'm going out tonight. 

Happy weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I hate dreams like that that leave you in a funk. :( And I agree with you-- "breaks" are never a good idea. They usually just are signs of the inevitable break up to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O no!! So sad. But I do this too. I always wake up made at Kendol about something ha! He gets so annoyed bc I stay mad for a while. Ridic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i broke up with a boyfriend via text...after 5ish years of dating. yep, im a bad person. but he to is headed to the chapel soo..alls well that ends well?

    ReplyDelete