Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why I Almost Quit

I mentioned on Friday that I almost stopped blogging in 2012. And I did. It wasn't something I had really been thinking about but one day (while on vacation) I thought to myself, "I'm going to stop blogging". In all honesty, I think I said it aloud to myself. Because I do that sometimes. But that's not the point.

I decided to stay and limited it to (as seen in my 12 in 2012 post) "I will only blog when I actually have something to say". 

I've said before...I'm not a professional writer because I like to write. And when I'm told to do something, I simply do not want to do it. I don't want to feel like blogging is a job. I don't have sponsors and I've turned down ads and product reviews. That's not what this is for me. It's not a job for me.

So, I don't want to write a post every day. I don't want to write phony or cheesy posts just so there is one. I don't want to click "publish" if it's not something I really feel like saying.

And while I absolutely adore the people I communicate with through blogging and I value every email and comment (and wish you'd send even more)...I don't do this for you. I do it for me. And that's exactly why you should like me. And ultimately, that's why I decided to stay.

I hope you continue to stick around. Cause I kinda like you, too.



3 comments:

  1. Yayyy! Super glad you decided to stay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great you decided to stay, that is definitely a good reason to think twice but I am glad you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're sticking around!!

    ReplyDelete