Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Future

As a twenty-something, I'm always thinking about the future. But not too much.

Ask my friends and you'll find...the #1 piece of advice I give on any subject is

take it day by day

There's really no other way to live life, in my opinion.

Now, I'm not saying to sit back and just let the future happen. You still have to do things. If you want something, you have to go for it*. But there's no sense in worrying about how things are going to be in a year...or even in a week. If you do that, you'll miss out on enjoying the things that are happening to you today.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Tons of my friends are getting engaged and married. A few are moving away to start new jobs. Their future is changing.

My future is out there. But my now is right here. It's happening. And I'm loving it.

Because, tonight...we are young. So let's set the world on fire. 
Or something like that.

also

Matthew 6:34


That is all.


Enjoy the day.


*Trust me. Just go for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I have to remember to stop stressing so much about the future and enjoy what is going on now!

    ReplyDelete