Monday, April 9, 2012

Fifty Shades of Gross

I never knew I was a prude until I was introduced to Mr. Christian Grey.



Have you heard of this new trilogy* taking the literary world by storm?

Fifty Shades of Grey has been recommended to me by multiple people, including my sister. I started it last night. I also stopped it last night. Not finished. Stopped.

I got to page 120 and put it down. I wasn't even at the end of a chapter. I simply could not read any further.

I'm surprised I got that far. Although I have always been drawn to the "bad boy" type, Christian Grey is too much for me.

(However, if it becomes a movie** and this guy plays Christian Grey...I might check it out.)


 Have you read it? Am I just being a prude? Does it get better? Should I pick it back up?


*who's going to end this trend and write a 4-book series?
**and not one that comes on Cinemax after hours.

7 comments:

  1. I've heard SO MUCH hype about this book from a wide variety of people. But I have been pretty nervous to read it with all of the explicit-ness. The fact that you couldn't continue just validates my decision not to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of it at all, but now of course... I am all ears. Let me know if you continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this at all! Hmm.. you're probably right to put it down ;) Even though I have no clue what it's about hahaha.. but listen to your gut ;)

    I'm your newest follower btw, so hi! :D Pleased to meet you :) Your blog is really cool, i love it ;)

    Btw, I'm starting a new blog hop on Friday which I'd love for you to join in! IT's all about movies! :D

    And I agree. Someone should totally write a four-book series.

    Your newest friend,
    Katrine <3

    thegentleflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. Usually the books that are over-bragged about suck in my opinion.
    Like twilight...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep reading..I read all 3 books in 5 day!!! There are reasons for everything..And Ana takes care of herself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you guys kidding me???? This is the best book I have ever read! It is hot hot hot and I cannot put this down! The story line is very good and the characters are very much like Edward and Bella from Twilight but these two go places Edward and Bella would never dare go. I highly recommend this book! The last books that keep me captivated like this were Twilight. Get this book you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Faye, you must be a prude if you can't get into this book. It actually helps you explore your own sexuality. Just saying

      Delete