Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hangout Hangover

I think I might be dead.

I was on vacation from work/real life from Thursday afternoon until this morning for the Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Lots of sun. Lots of booze. Lots and lots of music.

I saw:

Rebelution
Alabama Shakes
M. Ward
Paul Oakenfold
Chris Cornell
Wilco
----
Skrillex
Kaskade
Dispatch
----
Young the Giant
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
G. Love & Special Sauce
Flaming Lips (performing Dark Side of the Moon)
Dave Matthews Band


* = my favorite shows
[none of those videos are from Hangout, fyi]


It was my second time to see Alabama Shakes and Chris Cornell. They didn't disappoint either.

Red Hot Chili Peppers rocked my world. I would pay to see them every day if it was a possibility.

I've never been a DMB fan but have always been told that would change once I saw him live. It didn't.



And of course, the day after my weekend that cost $700+, I got an email with the even better lineup for ACL along with a presale password for tickets. 

Dammit.

Music makes me poor.



2 comments:

  1. 1) DMB bored me when I saw them in Memphis a while back. Seriously, not impressed.

    2) I love CTE! I saw them at BSMF last year, and Matthew Shultz is such a fun performer

    3) I just peed myself after looking at the ACL lineup. I'm debating whether or not I am buying tickets today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack White might be one of my favorite people in the world.

    ReplyDelete