Monday, July 2, 2012

Magic Mike Monday

What better way to get your Monday started than by talking about male strippers? None. There is no better way.


I saw Magic Mike this weekend, on opening night. The theater was packed full of women and girls and two boyfriends. When we talked about how awkward it must be for a guy to come see a movie about male strippers with his girlfriend, one of the girls I was with said that it was probably a test. But...if the boy goes, does he pass or fail? I would say fail.


Anyway. My thoughts on the film:

Nice moves.


 I'm convinced Matthew McConaughey just plays himself in every film.


 Am I the only one who doesn't think this guy is remotely attractive?


Alex Pettyfer is perfect looking. I'm rooting for him to play Finnick Odair in the upcoming Hunger Games movies. Also, from the few promos I had seen, I thought he would have a small part in the film. Did they want it to be a secret that he's like...the second main character? Or did I just not watch enough promos?


I'm glad Eric escaped the Miami-Dade crime lab and lost his shirt along the way.


This guy was gross.


Matt Bomer is awkward. Hot and awkward.


Girl cannot act. Unless she was trying to be worse than Kristen Stewart. Then she succeeded.


And lastly, Magic Mike himself. Channing Tatum. I've heard so many people hating on Channing Tatum's acting. He's not in it for the acting. LOOK AT HIM. Did you SEE Step Up? He's an actor because he's hot and he can dance. And he's not that bad. He just plays the same "kinda dumb, a little white trash, semi-bad boy" character in every movie. And he's good at it.


Have you seen Magic Mike? What did you think?


All images stolen from the interwebz via Google Images.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet but I have a girls night planned to go in two weeks and I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your take on Channing Tatum. It doesn't matter what comes out of his mouth-- he just has to stand there and look pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog and just HAD to comment because I seriously think we are the same person (you pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything!)

    I also saw Magic Mike opening weekend.. I agree that Mathew M. plays himself in every movie!

    I SOOOOO AGREE WITH ALEX PLAYING FINNICK! I didn't think about that until you mentioned it and I can TOTALLY see it perfectly!

    The girl was an AWFUL actress (Am I the only one who thought she was manly? And her voice - I cringed every time she talked).

    Channing Tatum is GORGEOUS and his dancing.... AHHH, i'm in heaven!

    Hope you don't mind that I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete