Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Madness - Wedding Reception

I haven't given you guys a good alcohol induced humor/horror story lately.
Luckily, one of my best friends got married this Saturday. 
(More on the wedding later.)

After the reception, my date and I went to the bar.


We stayed until closing (midnight) and then went to a house party, or as we call it in our college town -- a latenight.

Date and I got separated and I didn't have my phone. Details got fuzzy. I slept on a stranger's couch. Luckily, the humorous part of the story happened the next morning.

I got a ride home from Stranger, wearing his clothes and carrying my bridesmaid dress. I live across the street from a church.

When I walked in, nobody was home. I pulled out my laptop and used the "locate my iPhone" tool on iCloud. (Thanks Apple.) It told me that my phone was at the latenight house. I got in my Land Rover (it's for sale!) and drove there.

First, I checked downstairs (it's a duplex -- two of my friends live downstairs but the latenight was upstairs), nothing. I went upstairs and looked around. Nothing. There was a guy sleeping on the couch, so I asked him if I could use his phone to call my phone because it was there somewhere. I dialed my number* and my friend answered. She had my phone and was at my house!

When I got home, I was greeted by my friends who had been driving around town looking for me all morning. They'd had my phone since the night before, but at the time I "located" it, they were at the latenight house to see if I was there.


How am I still alive?

*This guy had my number in his phone as "Fay". I don't remember ever meeting him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Crazy story! Love how the guy you borrowed the phone from had your number in it! Too funny!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete