Friday, August 10, 2012

And Then... Dude, Where's My Car? [Part II]

[Part I here.]

After calling all around (and driving all around) Oxford, I knew it was time to file a police report. A stolen vehicle report. On my vehicle.

My sister picked me up and we went to the police department. She did all the talking, as I was somewhere between silent shock and devastated tears. 

Basic questions.

Did you call all the towing companies?

Yes.

Could your car have been repossessed?

No, the first payment is due next week.

Shit.

The officer took us to speak with the chief about filing the report. She suggested that he call all the towing companies again to double check. He was gone for about ten minutes.

He returned with a somber look on his face and walked right by us into the chief's office. "It's at Shivers," I heard him say.

"Now, did you say you wanted your car back or you wanted it impounded?"

I wish my first feeling had been relief...but it was anger. I called them twice. (Relief came very soon after.)

When we arrived at Shivers, I saw my car parked in the front of the lot. It was one of maybe three cars that weren't wrecked. I entered the office and told them I was there to pick up my car.

Which car?

It's the 2008 black Jeep Patriot.

$125.

You can see it from the window.

*runs my card*

You know, you should probably check your lot before you tell someone you don't have their car because they're likely to think it's stolen and file a police report.

Sign this.

There was no apology, no acknowledgment, no emotion. I had tears running down my face as I signed the receipt. (And I'm not a cryer.) But my tears were left unnoticed.

I hope I never find myself in that situation again, but if I do...I pray it's not at Shivers.   


Confession: I know every word to Dude, Where's My Car? so it was really only a matter of time before something like this happened to me. I'm just glad I didn't get into all the shenanigans Jesse and Chester got into.

Shibby. 

3 comments:

  1. Shit happens ........but cut it out. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really helps for everyone, who search any kind of radiators etc. Thanks a lot.

    Chevrolet Replacement Radiators & Dodge Replacement Radiators

    ReplyDelete