Monday, August 27, 2012

Stay Off My Lawn

I always imagined I'd be one of those old biddies who sits on her porch and yells at the neighborhood kids to stay off her lawn.

I never thought I'd turn into one before I was 25.

This weekend, as usual, I went to my favorite bar. The Library is my lawn. I'm a regular. I know all the bartenders. They know my order. I'm surprised they haven't named a drink (vodka water no lime) after me. Or at least a bar stool. 

I've been frequenting the Library since I was 18.


I don't ever remember acting like the now 18 (and 19 and 20 and 21) year olds.

They're rude and inconsiderate and trashy. And they're on my lawn.

I don't like the lines. I don't like the crowds.

I also don't like that there's nothing I can do about it. School is back in session and I choose to set up my lawn chair* at the most crowded bar in a college town. 

But, I am not above yelling at the kids anyway.

 

*Figure of speech. We don't sit in lawn chairs. This isn't Starkville.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Now!! I don't recall lawn chairs at any bar in Starkville... (good joke though, I guess HA)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Actually lawn chairs are a lot more comfortable than a bar stool.. New bar concept?? Genius.

      Delete
  2. Damn kids always drinking on my lawn with their baggy jeans, video games and Jefferson Starship music...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yea its the worst to deal with the newbies at your favorite spot

    ReplyDelete