Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Friend

Friend: [frend]
noun

1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard

2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter

3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile



via


I have been blessed with amazing friends. I have a small group of really great friends that are my lifeline. Without them, I wouldn't be the person that I am today.

I tell them everything, even things that I don't like to admit to myself. They do the same. I ask for their advice and I know they'll be honest with me. They do the same. I lift them up and support them. They do the same.

Friendship is a mutual thing. While friendliness does not have to be, friendship is always mutual. What good is having someone to confide in when they won't confide in you? What good is being supportive of someone when they aren't supportive of you?

If there's a person in my life whose friendship seems like a one-way street, I'll never stop being friendly to them...but I won't consider them a friend. My "friends list" is full of people who deserve to be there. I don't have room for fake friends.


All you blogger friends out there, just because I may have never met you or heard your voice, that doesn't make you fake friends. Rest assured, you have a very cherished spot on that list, as well.

1 comment:

  1. You know I love this. And you know I'm so thankful for your friendship. Glad that you can be my friend to tell me the truth even when I don't want to hear it! Thank you for trusting me and never judging me :)

    ReplyDelete