Monday, October 29, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

I've been such a slacker lately. I have a million posts in my head but I can't seem to get them to translate into words on the screen. So, for now, I'll just spew miscellaneousness.


It's October 29th and I haven't even touched a pumpkin. I've touched cans of pumpkin puree (for pumpkin cookies + pumpkin bread) -- but I haven't carved or painted or even decorated with a pumpkin. That's almost as unheard of as...

I haven't finished my Halloween costume yet. I've known what I wanted to be for a while now and I have 2 of the most important pieces of the costume, but it just hasn't been put together yet. I have until Wednesday night! Eeep.

I went to six S-I-X concerts this month. Get ready for a fun update post on that.

My Christmas list is complete because I only want 1 thing. Well other than money and jewelry and scarves and boot socks and chapstick and books. I want a record player and speakers. The whole setup.

I saw Argo last week and even though I might be biased because Ben Affleck is my number one absolute biggest celebrity crush ever -- it's amazing. I highly recommend it. I've even agreed to see Pitch Perfect with my sister if she'll see Argo with me.



Have you gotten your pumpkin fix? And dressed up for Halloween? Have you been to any good concerts this month? What do you want for Christmas? And...have you seen Argo? Did you love it?

Tell me all about it.




1 comment:

  1. So glad to see a post from you :) Since you took the time to update us, here are my answers to your questions:
    1. No pumpkin fix - just realized earlier today I hadn't done a blessed thing as far as carving pumpkins :( My youngest was supposed to be on a week long field trip this week - got cancelled, thanks to Hurricane Sandy ~ so he will be home and I am officially a horrible mom for not carving one with him. The other 2 would make me do all the work, so Derryn is the only one I would have done it for.
    I dressed up to chaperone a Halloween dance at my/my kids' school. Does that count? I won't be home for Halloween, since my grade is supposed to be on an overnight field trip that night ~ which we are still waiting to see if Hurrican Sandy will cancel.
    No good concerts - I just missed Ron Pope on Saturday night. I love, love, love him but had to finish a paper for my grad course and my kids conspired against letting me work on it til I was supposed to be at the show :(
    My Christmas wish list - money to buy my kids Christmas gifts. Not looking good. I hope you get your record player!!!
    And Argo - not yet, but it is on my wish list! Of course, so was The Help - and I still haven't had time to watch that!
    Happy Halloween!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete