Monday, November 26, 2012

I Am An Ole Miss Rebel

Our regular season has ended and the Rebels finished 6-6, as we defeated Mississippi State to bring the Egg Bowl trophy back to Oxford.


We've had a season of ups and downs, and I don't mean first downs. 
But no matter how much we struggle, I'll always be an Ole Miss Rebel.

When I enter Vaught-Hemingway stadium, even a few years removed from being a student, I get chills. It is a sacred place; a place full of hope. It has seen amazing victories and heartbreaking losses. 



This year was a great year for the Rebels. Every year is a great year, win or lose, but this year was special. It was a fresh start. A fresh start with a new coach. A coach we've all accepted and loved. Hugh Freeze, the man who taught us all that we must WIN THE DAY.




"Lock The Vaught" from Ole Miss Rebels on Vimeo.


We've had some great times in the Vaught this year. We only won 4 of our games there, but we played hard. We cheered harder. Plus, we had some special people join us in the Hotty Toddy chant. 


Hugh Freeze & Ross Bjork, our new coach and athletic director
the cast of Duck Dynasty
a member of the Ole Miss ROTC


The end of the season is a bitter-sweet time. I'm proud of my Rebs, but am going to miss the Grove and the Vaught (and Charles Saywer). But hey, we're Bowl eligible so we'll have one more game, albeit not in the Vaught. I'm hoping for Nashville or Memphis, but it's looking like Birmingham.


The countdown to next season begins now!


Hotty Toddy.

2 comments:

  1. Being an avid Razorback fan, my conclusion is that your season was bright just from a new coach! :) We were pumped when Houston Nutt left Arkansas. Gotta love the SEC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there too! The energy in the stadium was electric! Feed Moncrief!

    ReplyDelete