Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January

First of all, Happy New Year!



Because my 12 in 2012 goal list was less than successful, I decided to break it down and be more realistic this year. On the first of each month, I will decide on 5 goals for that month. If I complete just 1 per month, I'll already be doing better than I did in 2012.

So, without further ado...my goals for January 2013.


1. Open a savings account

2. Read ONE book

3. Only eat out (lunch/dinner) TWICE per week

4. Change sheets & vacuum every Sunday

5. Lose 1 pound


Yeah, I don't have a savings account. I also make a budget every month and never stick to it. In 2013, I will try to change that. Any leftover money from my budget will go into a savings account at the end of the month. Any amount that I'm over budget will come out of my budgeting amount in the following month.

I think I'll start with this book.

My office eats lunch together every Friday, so twice a week will allow for one lunch or dinner with friends each week. If I don't pay, it doesn't count -- so bring on the dates.

I do this regularly but not on a routine. I'd like to start a routine and Sunday seems like a good day.

This will be on my goal list every month. I figure, losing 1 pound per month isn't anything extraordinary...but it will ensure that I'm at least not gaining weight this year.



What are you hoping to accomplish this year? Or even just this month?

3 comments:

  1. Read Gone Girl just a little while ago. It was good - lots different from what I am used to, but I overall liked it.
    My resolutions - not have a meltdown when I am trying to finish up my masters this spring & learn to cook better so my boys will eat more and gain weight. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Faye! New follower here. Your monthly goals are good! Maybe I should do that instead of yearly goals -- more chance of success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my budget, I try to save first. I budget expenses for each month, and whatever money I have left to "play with," I put part of it in savings very soon after payday. That way, as the month goes on, I don't accidentally spend it. Some months, I have to dip back in that fund for unexpected events, but that's what saving is for, right? Anyway, I find that if I never really have that couple hundred dollars to spend in the first place, I don't miss it as much. May not work for everyone - just passing along what works for me.

    Your resolutions sound great - and I'm sure you'll have little trouble sticking to them! :)

    ReplyDelete