Friday, February 1, 2013

February

One month gone, five goals accomplished. 

I opened a savings account. Yesterday. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, right? I read a book. Even if Haiku for the Single Girl doesn't count...I also read Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis. I've tried to read it a few times in the past and never stuck with it. I'm glad I finally did. Then I watched the movie. Hello Robert Downey Jr. I only dined out twice a week for the entire month. This was, by far, my least favorite goal to stick with. I should have set a dollar amount I could spend on food instead of the number of times I could eat out. Such a hinderance! But I did it. I also changed my sheets and vacuumed my bedroom every Sunday. That's definitely a routine I'll keep. Now, did I lose 1 pound? Yes. I lost exactly one pound. Which isn't spectacular...but it was my goal.





1. No beer

2. Read devotional daily

3. Finish at least 3 home improvement projects

4. Sell my old car

5. Lose 1 pound 


This is gonna be hard. I love beer. But it contains so many useless calories. When I drink red wine, I'll have two to four glasses. When I drink vodka...3 drinks. But if I'm drinking beer? I'll drink at least 6, usually more. 
6 Miller Lites = 576 calories
4 glasses of cab = 488 calories
3 vodka waters = 207 calories


If I get around to reading my devotional (usually twice a week at best), it's before bed. I need to put my focus back where it belongs and start each day with a little bit of God's word.


I bought an old door to turn into a headboard. It's sitting in the garage. I bought a mirror to hang in the foyer. It's propped against the wall in the foyer. I bought a bookshelf to hang on the wall in the living room. It's on the floor in the living room. Time to get out the hammer and nails and get those things up on the walls.


I bought a new car in August. So I've had two cars for six months. It's time to get rid of the one I don't drive. Who wants to buy a Land Rover?


You'll see this last goal every month. Better to lose 12 pounds in a year than gain 1, right?



Are you sticking to your goals in 2013?

4 comments:

  1. So glad I'm not the only one that mentioned a devotional and beer in the same blog post today.. Whew!!! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you're doing your monthly goals- I might have to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you are doing these goals too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome goals! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete