Monday, March 11, 2013

Faye'sbook: An Open Book

I'm an open book. I say what I think...in life and on this lifestyle blog. That is what I'm writing here, isn't it? I've never labeled myself as a certain type of blogger, but I figure lifestyle is the loosest label. After all, I do write about my life. The good, the bad, and the awkward. (And we all know, I'm not a fashion blogger.)

I don't write anything here out of malice. I write for entertainment. My own entertainment. 

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Well, ever since a mutual friend showed this guy my blog. I was iffy about starting The Dating Diaries series for that very reason. I once said (here) that I would never do it. But I did. And I don't regret it. It's all in good humor. 

That cab ride happened four months ago. I was upset and angry for a while.
the night has since been deemed "SobFest 2012"
But I got over it. Because that's what you do. We spoke for the first time this weekend. Though it wasn't a lengthy conversation and no apologies were given by either side, it reminded me that shit happens. This is life. And you have to move on from it.

I'm pretty sure he's seeing someone now. And I've got a similar situation that will likely have the same end result. 
We never learn, do we?






1 comment:

  1. First of all-- I love that quote. A LOT. Second-- no, we don't. We seem to make the same mistakes over and over and over again... Hopefully this one won't end so dramatically.

    ReplyDelete