Thursday, March 21, 2013

Guacamole

If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be avocados. 
Hopefully I'd be able to mix in some onions, tomatoes, garlic, lime, and spices.

I make the best guac. Seriously, ask anyone who's tasted it. And now you can make it, too.


You'll need all this:



6 avocados
4 roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp turmeric
*This makes a "double recipe" but I've never 
made any less than this. It's too good.

Juice one lime. Halve, pit, and peel 6 avocados. Dip all but one avocado half into the lime juice and place them into a bowl. Add in the garlic. Using a potato masher (or an avocado tool), start mashing. Add in the spices (salt, cumin, cayenne, turmeric) and finish mashing. Make sure the spices have combined evenly with the avocado mush (soon to be guac). Fold in tomatoes and onion. Then, take that lone avocado half and cut it into cubes/chunks. Fold those in, as well. Stir in about a tablespoon of the lime juice and voila! You now have the best guacamole ever. Enjoy!



This recipe was based off of Alton Brown's not as good guacamole. (I hate cilantro.) 

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried these spices in my guac-- just cilantro. But I'll have to try this instead of my old standby since the husband hates cilantro too.

    ReplyDelete