Monday, April 1, 2013

April

March went by too fast. So I only had time to accomplish 3 of my goals. I'm seriously slacking here, guys.

I still haven't sold my Land Rover. Because it needs a new battery and I'm the biggest procrastinator on the planet. I even have people interested that want to see it. And all I have to do is slap a new battery in there, drain the oil and gas and fill her back up (because it's been sitting still for a couple months), wash her and wax her...and now I'm worn out from just listing those. I'm never gonna sell it. I watched 5 movies that I'd never seen, but none of the classics that I meant to watch. I saw Safe Haven, The Paperboy, Pretty in Pink, Singles, and The Words. I also rewatched He's Just Not That Into You, Pearl Harbor, Argo, and The Town. All of my old clothes are ready for the consignment sale! A million dresses, guys. I transferred the majority of my music to my Mac, so I'll count that as a win. I think I can do without this song on my iPhone for the time being. And my biggest fail of all. Instead of losing 1 pound, I gained 3. So I'm down 2 for the year.


Time to try again.





1. Reread 2 "assigned" books

2. No meat

3. No soda

4. 30 Day Shred

5. Lose 3 pounds



I want to reread The Great Gatsby before the movie comes out next month. While I'm at it, I plan to read at least one more book that I was "assigned" in either high school or college. Books are so different when you're reading for pleasure. I think I'll choose between Wuthering Heights or Catch-22.


I've gone semi-veg before where I only allowed myself to eat meat once a week and I felt so good. This time, for 30 days, I won't be eating meat at all.


I've never been a soda drinker. I'd drink the occasional Mt. Dew or Root Beer (of course, the two worst soft drinks ever), but it wasn't anywhere near regular. But then I got a roommate who loves Mt. Dew and always has a few in the fridge. They're so tempting and I got to drinking 2 or more a day. Not anymore.


30 days in the month. 30 days in the shred. Happening.


Because I've been such a slacker on my 1 pound a month, I've gotta step it up this month. Especially since I'm going to the beach in May.



Are you sticking to your 2013 goals better than I am?





No comments:

Post a Comment