Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Dating Diaries: Vol 5

Catfished?

I was seeing this guy and even though I am terrified of becoming an "us", I was finally ready to give it a shot. We started out casual, but about two months in, he referred to himself as my boyfriend and told me he wasn't seeing anyone else. That scared the shit out of me...but I was also very excited. 

Everything was there. First and foremost, he was hot. (I know that's not the most important thing, but I'm not gonna lie and say it doesn't matter.) He was sweet. Like sickening sweet. If I wasn't on the receiving end of the sweetness, I would have been grossed out. He seemed to genuinely care about me. There were some other great aspects, too. (Winky face.)




And then the devil got involved. (the devil = Facebook) The day after he declared our relationship exclusive (well, that's what I thought he meant when he said he was my boyfriend and told me he wasn't seeing anyone else), a girl started posting on his wall. It began with a simple smiley face.

:-)
"your boyfriend" likes this.


Then it was a duck faced selfie.


"your boyfriend" likes this.


Then it was something so obscene, I won't post it. It was a meme and it involved a picture of a tongue and a picture of a rooster. I think you can figure it out.


[obscene meme]
"your boyfriend" likes this.


I was confused/furious/devastated/appalled. I sat on it for a few days, as girls do, and then I blew up. Except I didn't really blow up because I was calm. I told him I needed a few days to clear my head. I told him that my feelings were hurt and I didn't like what was going on with this girl.

Then he admitted that he's never even met her. I think I laughed out loud when he said that, but it was because it stung, not because it was funny. It hurt even worse that he was wandering to a girl that he didn't even know. In that moment, I realized I didn't need a few days. I knew that it wasn't going to work.

Seriously. Hasn't he seen Catfish? Is it bad that I hope she's really a 400 pound man that is catfishing him? Just so he feels like an even bigger idiot when he realizes that he's lost me. (Oh, and also because I want Nev to come film in Oxford so I can meet him and we can date.)

Oh, but then it got even worse. This guy that I invested my time and my feelings in decided to stray...and it became my fault.



Seriously? Ouch!



All of my other Dating Diaries posts have been about past experiences that I've had time to think about and reflect on. 
This one is fresh. Four days fresh. I don't think I need to do much reflecting here. I'm pretty sure he's out of the running for potential boyfriend, friend, and even lowly acquaintance. Don't you?

6 comments:

  1. He is TOTALLY out of the running. He's looking for someone that MAKES him stop looking??? I'm sorry, but NO. Someone like that is always going to blame their own actions on someone else. You are SO much better off without that. Absolutely rude and disgusting. I would have been pissed about the girl, too. You are so so so so so much better off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm for sure out of the running. was a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yes-- definitely out of the running. What the hell is wrong with this guy?? You don't need that kind of manipulative jerk. (Trust me, I've dated his clone...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a turd. The selfie duck face pic is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you need to come to West Texas where single guys abound. And they're sweet and open your doors. :)

    ReplyDelete