Friday, April 26, 2013

Why I Blog

Today, I'll be using "Friday's Letters" to explain Why I blog.


For myself. Writing is my outlet. Whether I'm writing something serious or something silly...or even just doodling song lyrics. Writing has always been my go-to when I need to think through deep feelings. When I finally had one too many post it notes lyings around, I decided to digitize my thoughts and started this blog. For my friends. My blog isn't one of those where nobody that I know in real life knows about it (though sometimes I wish it was). I share funny, sad, and sweet stories that my friends love to read. We're all scattered over the globe now (from the MS coast to NYC to Dallas to San Diego) so face to face interaction doesn't get to happen all that often. For my mom. Just to embarrass her. For the community. Blogging brings together so many people from across the world! I have made great friendships through blogging. And even those bloggers with whom I don't have a personal friendship, I feel like I do because I read about their life daily. And lastly, for the link ups. Like these three I'm joining today.




Jimmy Iovine Ft. Ab-Soul by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis on Grooveshark
This is my jam. And yes I know all the words.

3 comments:

  1. Anything Macklemore is always a yes!! I just listened to thrift shop on grooveshark!
    Not sure if you like fashion linkups, but I just started one on Wednesdays called "Trending Pretty", would love to have you next week if you'd like!
    Happy Friday!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a great way to describe why you blog!

    The blogging community is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have blogged since 2006 and all those hunnndreds of posts that like four people (maybe only two) read.....is sort of depressing to think about now that I have made some friends in the blogging community! Although it is definitely fun (and awkward) to look back on those posts!

    New follower :))

    ReplyDelete