Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May

April was actually quite successful! I read The Great Gatsby on the plane home from my Dallas trip. I also started reading Winesburg, Ohio which was assigned to me in a college English course and somehow I never even opened it. I did very well about not eating meat. I ate a hamburger early in the month on accident (I seriously forgot), had a small piece of steak because my friends were grilling and I couldn't turn it down, and I ate one serving of lasagna because it's my favorite food. I still consider that a win. I also succeeded in the no soda goal. I don't even miss it. Now, the 30 Day Shred. Oh, Jillian. I completed the Shred on April 1 and then I didn't do it again. But, I did succeed in my weight loss goal, as I lost 3 pounds. That's 5 so far this year.




1. No credit spending 

2. Post once a week on FTC

3. Get up early

4. Work out 3x week (including 1 outdoor activity)

5. Lose 3 pounds

Bonus! Blog every day in May challenge


May would be a hard month for me to cut out spending altogether. (I plan to do that one month soon, though.) However, I vow to not spend ANY on credit.


I finally started the music blog I had been dreaming about...and then only posted once. My initial goal was to post every Monday. That will happen during May. The Strokes' Comedown Machine album review and a Mikky Ekko artist review will be included.


I leave my house for work at 7:50 every morning. But sometimes, I don't get out of bed until 7:30. I usually begin my workday with wet hair and no makeup. Even though I have my own office and am the first to arrive, I want to actually wake up and get ready before I leave the house. Maybe I'll even eat breakfast. Since I have to be at work at 7:30 every day in May...this one is going to be tough.


I don't know about the 30 Day Shred, but I will try my hardest to work out at least three times a week. And most importantly, one of those 3 routines will be held outdoors. Whether I'm walking the dog, playing tennis, doing yoga in the park, or walking from stage to stage in the sand at the Hangout Fest...I need to get outdoors.


Three pounds. I can do it.


Jenni from Story of My Life posted this blogging challenge (along with prompts!) and I am so excited to join in. Starting now.


Do you still remember what your 2013 goals were? How are they holding up?





Story of My Life in One Paragraph

My dad was from New York, my mom from Texas. I was born in Michigan and raised in Mississippi. (All of those will be apparent when I finally get around to posting that accent vlog.) My father passed away when I was young, so my older sister and I were raised in a single parent household. This, along with other things, caused me to "grow up" at a young age. I wouldn't have it any other way. Because of what I've been through, I am who I am. And that is a strong, independent, caring, and honest young woman. My first love in life was music, even though I don't play an instrument or sing. It always got me through the hard times. I'm still waiting to find the other love of my life. However, I am in no rush because I have the best family, friends, and dog child around. (But, I mean...if you know someone...) I work at the University where I went to college. I am active in the community in that I support my local bartenders. I know how to have a good time and I know how to give good advice. My friends love and hate me for both of those. The beginning chapters of this, the story of my life, have been hard, fun, and telling. I can only imagine what the next chapters will bring.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5lbs. That is awesome! I need to check out this blog every day goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 5 lbs loss - I know how much hard work it takes - it definitely needs to be celebrated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed three days of 30DS, but that thing is HARD.

    ReplyDelete