Monday, June 10, 2013

Jump Start

I started the year hoping to lose at least 1 pound a month. By April, I upped that number to 3. By June 1, I had lost 7. Today, it's 8. Now that I'm (slowly but) steadily losing pounds, I want more. So, to jump start the process - I'm doing the Advocare 10 day cleanse.

Now, this isn't one of those crazy liquid only diets. You eat real food. Healthy, unprocessed food - no fried food, no refined or white flour/rice, no sugar, no dairy...and no alcohol. So I'll be eating a healthy diet and taking herbal supplements.




I've said before that I don't have a goal weight, only a goal feeling. Well, that's only partially true. While I do have a goal feeling -- I also have a goal weight in mind. And I'm 20 pounds away from it. Once I reach it, I have a little reward for myself. And then I'll probably set a new goal weight.

I started the cleanse this morning. So far, so good...but it's only Day 1. Wish me luck! (Seriously. I'm praying this isn't one of those cleanses that makes you shit your pants for 10 days straight.)

I'll be linking up with Raven afterward to discuss my experience/results.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo I need a cleanse! How does this 10 day challenge work? I've only ever heard of the 24 day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this morning, too... I feel like all I've done all day is eat, drink and (ahem) use the bathroom! LOL. Here's hoping for good results! :-)

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the Advocare cleanse! It worked really well, but it was so hard to keep up with the food restrictions since it's 10 days instead of 48 hours or something short. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete