Wednesday, July 3, 2013

10 Day Cleanse: Results

I participated in a group AdvoCare 10 Day Cleanse challenge last month. If you haven't heard of AdvoCare, it's a health and wellness company that offers weight loss and nutrition products.



From June 10-19, I cut out dairy, sugar, refined or white flour/rice, fried food, processed food, and alcohol. Yes, alcohol. My usual diet isn't much different from what I ate. Lots of chicken, salmon, salads, fruits and veggies. Then I added in the fiber drink and herbal supplements that are included with the cleanse. 

I didn't have trouble with any of it. Well, except the no alcohol rule. That was a little tough. But other than that, it was a breeze. 

In the end, I only lost four pounds. But hey, I lost four pounds! And it felt/looked like more than that. (Especially in my face, arms, and waist.) The day after the cleanse ended, I ordered cheesy rice from a Mexican restaurant in town. I only ate a third of it before I was painfully full. It has now been two weeks since I completed the cleanse, but I still see a big difference in the portion sizes I can eat and the way my clothes fit.

For reference, here's a picture from a couple weeks before the cleanse and a couple weeks after. 

(I don't regularly snap bikini pictures, so this is what you get.)

I still want to lose about 15-20 more pounds. The AdvoCare cleanse was a very helpful start in that. I couldn't live the AdvoCare lifestyle constantly. No cheese? No booze? What kind of life is that? But I would definitely recommend the cleanse to anyone who wants a jump start on a diet plan. You can order AdvoCare products here!

Check out Raven's linkup to see how everyone else fared.


3 comments:

  1. Ditto on the no booze rule. That was by far the hardest part for me. You would think 10 days without booze wouldn't be so bad but it was hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I can tell a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't say "only" four pounds. Four pounds is a lot and in 10 days it's amazing! I loved the cleanse and I'd definitely do it again, except I'm not entirely sure all the supplements did much... I may try it without them and see how it goes... Well done!

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete