Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Blogtember: Three months off

Prompt: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?


Considering it is after 7pm and I am just now getting around to writing this post, I think I need three months off from my current life. 

I would travel. Solo. I feel like, currently, technology rules my life. I work in IT. I'm constantly at a computer or on the phone. When I'm not at work, I'm on Facebook or Twitter or I'm texting friends. Three months without technology would be rough. These days, you need it for everything. Three months without my friends wouldn't be ideal, either. But I could spend those three months in cities (and countries) that are new to me. I would meet new people and I would rediscover myself. I would write. I would actually have conversations aloud.

I don't know where I would go. NYC? London? Tuscany? All three? That wouldn't matter. Just escaping the chains of technology would be enough.

And then I'd probably spend the next three months catching up on everything I missed. 


What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... sounds exciting. A little scary to be cut off for so long, but a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be unplugged from reality for three months. Maybe just go sit on a beach somewhere and take a mental break.

    Sarah @ Life As Always

    ReplyDelete