Sunday, September 1, 2013

September

Well, September snuck up on me. I'm realizing that as we near the end of the year, I'm completing less of my goals. That's usually how it works. But I'm going to change that for the next four months. To help, I'm narrowing it to three goals a month.

In August, I wanted to sign up for a class. In a way, I did. But it wasn't a University class. My plan was to take Italian 101 and then actually go on the trip to Tuscany that I wanted to take last March. Soon after I set the goal, I realized that there were 6+ class days that I would be out of town. You can't take a foreign language and miss 6+ days of class. I'd be so perdu. (That means lost in Italian. Thanks Google Translate.) I also did not take my car to the car wash. My only excuse is pure laziness. I did increase my savings a bit, but I also dipped into those savings toward the end of the month. Doesn't count. I did not have my daily quiet times. But I did work toward my weight loss goal. I signed up for a fitness class that meets every Monday and Wednesday at 5:30 in the morning. I dread it before, I hate it during, but I love the feeling after. I think I'll continue my membership for September...and on.


September Goals

1. Go shopping

2. Focus on my future

3. Get fit


This might contradict last month's goal of increasing my savings, but it needs to happen. I still have so many things that I never wear or use and I need to purge them and replace them. 

I'm considering getting my MBA or possibly moving to a new city/new job. I need to do some research and find out what is best for me. Just research for now, no decisions yet.

My fitness class has helped me realize some things. First of all, that BMI scale is bullshit, because after losing 4 more pounds in August, I'm still "overweight". Secondly, even though I'm not exactly thin, I have a lot of muscle mass. There's still layers of fat over that muscle, but it's under there. Lastly, I don't want to diet. I eat healthy, but I won't diet. And you know what they say...diets make you look good in clothes; exercise makes you look good naked.



*Bonus Goal: Story of my Life's Blogtember Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment